I recently installed Ubuntu 8.10 Desktop edition on my computer. Actually I should have installed Ubuntu Server edition as it comes with pre-configured apache, MySQL and PHP. But to install Ubuntu server edition meant re-installation and that is what I was trying to avoid. Instead I decided to install Apache, MySQL and PHP on my Ubuntu Desktop Linux. Here is how I did it.
I opened up a terminal and gave instruction to install Apache web server
s
udo apt-get install apache2

After apache web server was installed properly, I installed PHP by typing following command in the terminal.

sudo apt-get install php5 libapache2-mod-php5

After installing PHP I installed MySQL with following instruction

sudo apt-get install mysql-server

While installing MySQL I was asked to enter root password and then to confirm it.I did that and MySQL too got installed on my computer.


This is how, I was able to prepare my computer for LAMP (Linux, Apache,MySQL,PHP) based web development.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment




 

Original Blogger Template | Modified by Blogger Whore